Blog Home

When Can I File My 2014 Taxes?

Posted by on October 13, 2014
Last modified:
You'll be able to e-file your 2014 taxes on January 20, 2015. Prepare your 2014 tax return today with PriorTax and it will be e-filed on January 20.

The IRS began accepting e-filed 2014 tax returns on January 20, 2015.

Unlike the previous years, the tax season began “on time” this year, making January 20th the first day to e-file your 2014 tax return.

With PriorTax, you can e-file your 2014 Tax Return up until April 15th (October 15th if you applied for a tax extension)! If you’re catching up after the deadline, don’t worry. You can still prepare your tax return with PriorTax. You will just need to print, sign and mail it instead of e-filing.

How to File Your 2014 Taxes

Whether you are e-filing prior to the deadline or paper-filing afterwards, both are super simple with PriorTax. Just follow these steps:

  • Create a PriorTax Account: If you’re new to PriorTax, create an account for 2014.
  • Enter Your Tax Information: With your tax forms in hand (Form W-2, 1099, etc), enter your 2014 information into the PriorTax application
  • Pay and Submit: You’ll be able to see your refund or tax due total. Once you’re ready to file, enter your payment information and submit!

*Please note: If you are preparing your tax return post deadline date, prepare online as usual and then print, sign and drop it in the nearest mailbox.

Afterwards, you can sit back and relax. Once your 2014 tax return is accepted by the IRS, you’ll receive your refund within 21 days! Keep in mind that having your refund direct deposited means you’ll receive your tax refund much faster than you choosing to have the IRS send you a refund via check.

Prepare Your 2014 Tax Return with PriorTax!

Why wait until the last day of the tax season (April 15, 2015) to file your 2014 Taxes when you can get it out of the way today?

Create an account today and get it over with.

If you still need to get caught up on your late 2013 taxes before getting started on your 2014 tax return, you can do so with PriorTax.

Photo via Markus Spiske on Flickr

Leave a Reply