Posted by Manisha Hansraj on August 21, 2018
Last modified: August 24, 2018
Education is expensive, so here’s some helpful tips!
Get your tax break from claiming your kids.
- Don’t forget to claim up to $1,000 for the Child Tax Credit.
(Your child must be under 17, live more than half the year with you, a dependent on your tax return, be directly related to you, a U.S. citizen, national or resident alien)
- Claim the child and dependent care credit for child care expenses for your child under 13.
- You can claim the Earned Income Credit (EIC) depending on your income.
- The Adoption Tax Credit reduces your tax for expenses such as Court, attorney fees, travel and meal expenses. (You can also claim the Special Needs Credits for all relating expenses)
- Claim the Education Credit for education expenses if you’re paying for your child’s college education.