Priortax 9.0 10 1669 877-289-7580 File your current 2018 and prior year federal and state returns going back through 2005 Priortax Logo $ 10 Terrace Ave 11001 Floral Park, New York,
Blog Home

How To File 2013 Taxes in 2015

Posted by on October 23, 2014
Last modified:
How To File 2013 Taxes in 2015

Don’t let the IRS empty your pockets with penalty fees: file your late 2013 taxes now!

Avoiding doing your taxes is tempting, we understand. However, late penalties and fees increase as time passes, so it’s best to get caught up, even if that means you have to file your 2013 taxes in 2015.

The good news is you can file 2013 taxes on PriorTax! 


How to File 2013 Taxes Now

If the thought alone of filing your taxes is overwhelming, take a deep breath. We are here to help. You’ll get through it.

In fact, you won’t even have to go through the hassle of filling out the IRS forms, we’ll do the hard work for you. Simply, follow these steps and you’ll be on your way to a complete 2013 tax return;

  1. Create an account  with PriorTax. To do so, first select the prior year  from the drop down menu.
  2. Gather tax documents. Be sure to have any important information on hand, including the past year’s W-2s, social security numbers, etc.
  3. Start filling in the online application. The tax return application is designed  to make filing your taxes a simple and quick process!
  4. Once you’re finished filling in the online application, be sure to submit your information.
  5. Your return will be reviewed by our tax experts and a copy of your completed 2013 return will become available for download.
  6. Print your tax return and mail it to the IRS. This is the most important step. 


You’ll be able to complete your late tax return in as little as 15 minutes. Did you ever imagine it would be that easy?

Bummed that you have to print and mail your tax return to the IRS? Unfortunately, the e-file system shuts down once the tax season comes to a close. In the future, file before the October 15 end of season deadline and avoid an extra trip to the post office.

Claiming a 2013 tax refund

Yes! You can collect your 2013 tax refund in 2015. The IRS allows up to three years (from the tax return’s deadline date) to get your refund. However, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t file and collect your 2013 refund as soon as possible. Why let the IRS hold onto your hard earned money?

If you are expecting a refund, keep in mind that you won’t have to pay any late penalties or interest.

Don’t put it off any longer!

If you owe tax due, you could end up facing a failure-to-file penalty, a failure-to-pay penalty and interest fees. Filing your 2013 taxes and paying your tax liability now means these fees won’t keep adding up. You’ll also have peace of mind knowing your all caught up on your taxes.

So what are you waiting for? Sooner or later you’re going to have to file your 2013 taxes. Get it out of the way now!

If you have questions along the way, the PriorTax team is available to help you via phone, chat and email support!


12 Responses to “How To File 2013 Taxes in 2015”

  1. Miranda Taylor says:

    I filed our 2013 in April of 2015, we are expected to get a return. As of today it’s been 4 weeks since they received my paper 1040 (we had it certified at post office and know when they receive our tax paperwork). Wondering how long it may take, most places said 21 days. What’s the usually wait time for this?

  2. chyrl maddox says:

    I filed 2013 taxes on April 10 of 2015. It’s now May 28th. Still no refund Miranda. I sent Certified also. So a little over 6 weeks so far. I’m thinking about calling

  3. Devin L says:

    My husband and I filed our 2013 taxes & realized we forgot to put a w2 in, we received a letter saying that we owe $844 due june 25th which sounds insane considering we already payef in that year & only made 30, 000!! Can we not file the missing w2 on our 2015 taxes, im sooo confused…thanks for your help

    • admin says:

      Hi Devin,

      Not to worry! This is more common than you would think. Since your return was accepted by the IRS, you’ll need to file an amended 2013 tax return. Keep in mind that this will be using Form 1040X (NOT the original Form 1040). You won’t be able to e-file an amended return so you will need to prepare it and mail it to the IRS. The IRS allows you to check the status of your amended return using the “Where’s My Amended Return” tool on their website three weeks after you have mailed it in. You have up to three years to amend it but you want to do so as soon as possible to avoid any penalty fees.

  4. Jeremaro Horne says:

    We’re trying to get a mortgage loan, but my wife just now filing her 2013 and 2014 taxes. We paid taxes on both that she had owed. How long do you think it would take until we get transcripts for both 2013 and 2014?

    • admin says:

      Hi Jeremaro,

      Since you paid all tax due for these tax years, allow 3 weeks if filed electronically and 6 weeks if paper filed by mail before applying for a transcript. Once you apply for them by, you should allow 5-10 business days to receive them to your mailbox.

  5. Mary McDermott says:

    Our mortgage was approved and the last step was to get the transcripts. I thought I submitted my 2013 taxes to the IRS last Oct but I didn’t. We owe a several thousand dollars which we can not afford to pay now, it is urgent that we get the 2013 transcripts ASAP
    1): Can we get the transcripts filed electronically immediately?
    2): How long will it take for the transcripts to be available?
    Thank you so much. Mary McDermott

    • admin says:

      Hi Mary,

      According to the IRS, if you filed your tax return electronically, it takes about 3 weeks before a transcript becomes available. If you mailed your tax return, it takes about 6 weeks. If you didn’t pay all the tax you owe, your transcript may not be available until about a week after you pay the full amount owed.

      In your case, I suggest calling the IRS directly and explaining your situation. They may offer an alternative or expedited service that could help you out.

  6. Jacqueline V. says:

    I forgot to file my taxes in 2013. I only have one 1099-MISC. What do I need to do?
    Thank you for your help!

    • admin says:

      Hi Jacqueline,

      Not to worry! You can prepare your tax return still and even claim your refund without penalty. To get started, create an account with Priortax. We have free customer support from our tax team via phone and livechat. When you’ve submitted your account, you can print, sign and mail your return to the IRS.

  7. I read this article completely on the topic of the resemblance
    of most recent and previous technologies, it’s
    awesome article.

Leave a Reply