Home Blogs Can I Still Get My 2012 Tax Refund?

Can I Still Get My 2012 Tax Refund?

Filter by Category:
Can I Still Get My 2012 Tax Refund?

Start your engines! The last day to claim your 2012 tax refund is April 18th, 2016.

Many of us recognize April 18th as the deadline to file our 2015 tax returns. Did you know that it is also the last day to file a 2012 tax return and claim a tax refund?

The IRS has a three-year statute of limitations for taxpayers to collect their refund money. Once those three years are up, all unclaimed refunds land themselves amongst others within the IRS walls of tax years past.

Sorry for the dramatization but it’s true. Why give up your refund to the IRS when you can file your 2012 tax return today and get your hard-earned money back?


File your 2012 tax return in a few simple steps.

You only have until mid-April to claim your 2012 tax refund. If you start today, you could have that refund in your hand by the end of the month. It’s easy! Here’s how:

  1. Create an account on PriorTax. Select 2012 as your tax year, create a username and unique password.
  2. Enter your tax information. Once you have your 2012 tax documents handy, we’ll ask all the questions.
  3. Submit your 2012 account. The PriorTax team will review your information and make a pdf version available for you to download.
  4. Print, sign and mail your 2012 tax return. Since you cannot e-file a prior year tax return, you’ll need to mail your return to the IRS.


Did you forget what the 2012 tax rates are?

We’ve got you covered. It’s probably been awhile since you’ve taken a look at these. Just to refresh your memory, take a look at the 2012 tax rates below:

Tax RateSingle IncomeMarried Filing Jointly Income
35%$388,351 and up$388,351 and up


Want to know how much your 2012 refund will be?

If you need that extra push to file your 2012 tax return, check out our 2012 Tax Calculator before you even create an account. With this handy tool, you’ll find out how much your federal refund will be.

Looks like you’re ready to get started! Create your account now and begin entering your 2012 tax information.

If you have any questions throughout the process, give our tax team a call or connect via livechat. We’re here to help you get that refund ASAP!

Priortax Blog Footer 3


4 Responses to “Can I Still Get My 2012 Tax Refund?”


  1. Gloria

    What do you charge for Federal and state returns to be done by Prop Tax?

    • Manisha Hansraj

      Hello Gloria,

      Federal and state returns require a payment due to the preparation of your tax forms such as your 1040 form and state return. We simply provide tax forms based off of the information you have entered on the site. A downloadable PDF of a prior year tax return will be provided to you on your account which you can then print, sign and mail your tax return.

  2. Beth Hager

    I was issued a tax bill for the year 2012 because unknown to me I did not for some reason file my state tax for 2012. I completed the 2012 taxes and submitted them…the state will not give me my refund…is there a way for me to get it??.

    • Manisha Hansraj

      Hello Beth,

      You will need to mail your state tax return to your state department of revenue once more, since it appears that they did not receive it to indicate that you do not owe state tax. However, each state department of revenue has their own specific statute of limitations in claiming a refund. For example, New York IRS has a three-year statute of limitations for claiming a refund. For example, for this year April 17th, 2018 was the last day to claim a 2014 refund. I would advise that you contact your state department of revenue to clarify this issue and check your eligibility to receive a refund.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*

Don’t Miss Any Updates

Sign up with your email to receive latest updates.